I am working on revising this syllabus into a page of “Frequently Asked Questions” (FAQ’s). I need your help developing the questions. Please post questions below or in our discussion area and try, if you can, to find an appropriate answer in the syllabus! If you can’t find an answer in the syllabus, well then you’ve asked an important question. Over the course of the semester, we’ll develop the revised syllabus together. Thanks for your help!
We’ll regularly consult a few online textbooks that are available free through the UAF library. The links to those are:
- Environmental Microbiology: From Genomes to Biogeochemistry, 2nd Edition, by Eugene Madsen.
- Microbial Diversity: Form and Function in Prokaryotes, 1st Ed., by Oladele Ogunseitan
- Environmental Microbiology, 2nd Ed., by Maier, Pepper, Gerba (Note that the first author is listed differently as either Maier or Pepper depending on whether you’re in the Library search engine or reading the book – just be sure you’re on the 2nd edition if in doubt)
- Microbial Ecology, by Barton and Northrup
- Writing Science, by Joshua Schimel