Group Thinglink project – Microbial Communities

This project is an analysis of the microbial communities surrounding the Alaska Native Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska, including plant root microbiomes, urban waterways, the built environment within the hospital, soils, and clouds.

Created by: Karen Biondich, Benjamin Hedges, Courtney Hill, Bayli Mohl, Mark Velasco

4 Comments for “Group Thinglink project – Microbial Communities”

sstanley2

says:

This was really engaging to me: The microbiome of the built environment is influential for the health of humans. Particularly in a healthcare environment where infection can spread easily. Learn more about what Lax et al. found in their study about the hospital microbiome in this technical and non-technical summary. I found myself clicking on these links.

sstanley2

says:

I wondered about Beijing and why it appears as part of this project. I didn’t have a way of synthesizing that with the others.

sstanley2

says:

Some typos here: Human can have a massive effect on microbial diversity in their environment, especially in urban waterways. This paper id a great example of that. You can find the Technical Summary Here
And the Non-Technical Summary Here

Dulce

says:

This was a very interesting publishing and it opened my eyes to how soil can differ due to city and man-altered environments. The project was very organized and topics were well guided by pinpoints on the picture. Overall, it was interesting and I learned something new!