Assignment 1: Introduce yourself

Deadline: Wed, Jan. 24., 2018 (by 11:59 pm) – deadline has been extended due to a delay in getting you website login access. You should have access by the end of the day Friday, Jan. 19.

10 points

The goals of this assignment are to:

• Learn how to post on the course website
  • Introduce yourself to me and your classmates
  • Share some of your creative writing

It’s VERY IMPORTANT that you categorize your post as “Assignments” and “A1: Intro posts“. That will enable me and your classmates to easily find all of these posts.

What to include in your post:

• your name
  • your haiku about microbes from the first day of class (or a new/revised version)
  • say something about yourself (could be something about you such as your year in school, major, interests, what you’re looking forward to learning, or anything else you’d like to share)
  • a picture – this can be anything – a photo of you, something related to microbiology, something that complements your poem (below), or anything else you’d like to post

*Note that this website is public, so please don’t share anything that you wouldn’t want the world to see about you.

Need help learning how to post and assigning categories to you post? Watch this tutorial video.

Having trouble posting to the site? Email me at mbleigh@alaska.edu and I’ll do my best to help or will refer you to our web designer for assistance.